In 1999, Robin La Fontaine was a consultant. He became a consultant after being made redundant – and it was good, for a while. However, with his engineering background, Robin couldn’t escape the desire to actually make something – and that’s how Delta XML was born. It started off with, as Robin says ‘one and a half people’ and has grown in the past two decades to a business with 20 people – and more on the way!
In this episode, Kevin will find out how Delta XML achieved such growth; what drove this desire to make something – and exactly what Delta AND XML is. Robin is incredibly honest about his ScaleUp journey, and covers:
– How important a good accountant is. In fact, Robin’s accountant stopped them going out of business in the early days!
– Why having an office can be overrated
– The challenge involved in taking on a sales person
– What out feels like to not really have any competition in the marketplace
– The lessons learned from quick growth in a short amount of time.
– How being the leader of a company involves a lot of letting go
Robin is clearly passionate and committed to an area of business that is an alien landscape to many of us – but the lessons that he talks about, and the challenges he encounters in his ScaleUp journey are entirely universal.
Are you curious to see what your business might be worth? Do you have 13 minutes? This is probably the most important 13 minutes you can spend on your business today. Visit our Value Builder Diagnostic tool, and you will receive a free detailed report into your business, giving you the resources to begin building a more stable and profitable business.