Regular practical business support and advice from a diverse range of selected experienced business owners.
Picture this… a group of experienced business owners around a table, all ready and waiting to help you tackle the current challenges you’re facing in your business. They’ll ask you questions, challenge you to be better, and help you come up with solutions to your issues.
Running your own business can be an isolating experience. When you’re facing an issue in your business, where can you go for help and advice?
Business owners often end up talking to friends or family members but, while they may act as a sounding board, they can’t be impartial and they probably won’t have the experience needed to help you come up with sensible solutions to your challenges.
Now, imagine that the next time you’re facing a challenging situation in your business, or you’re struggling to make an important decision, there are five of your fellow business owners waiting to help and advise you. These are people that you have got to know over several months, and you trust and value their advice.
They’ll ask you questions, encourage you to think through the different options, and ultimately help you come to a conclusion or decide on a way forward. Not only that, but a month later they’ll be asking you if you followed through.
That is exactly what SmartBoards can deliver for you, month after month.
Imagine the difference that could make in your business over the course of a year…
Who is SmartBoards® for?
SmartBoards is perfect for small business owners with at least two years’ experience of running a business. You must also have a burning desire to improve and grow your business, and a willingness to share everything you’ve learned with your fellow members.
It doesn’t matter how big an SME you are running as long as you can bring real, practical experience to the table.
It doesn’t matter if you sell B2B or B2C, or both.
As long as you’re fully committed to improving and growing your business over the next 12 months, and to fully engaging with the group, then you’re exactly the kind of business owner we’d like to have on one of our SmartBoards.
What you get with SmartBoards®
- On-going practical business support and advice from a diverse range of selected experienced business owners who can bring something ‘to the table’!
- An initial one-to-one session with your SmartBoard chair, who will get to know you and your business so you can be matched with the most suitable board members.
- An online meeting each month with your SmartBoard, where you can table an issue and ask the group for help, as well as share your successes from the previous month. You’ll be able to see your fellow board members on screen at the meeting and it’s very much like being in the same room, but without the hassle of leaving your home or office.
- A monthly online meeting with your SmartBoard chair, who is a trained business advisor and will help to keep you on track with your agreed actions, identify critical issues and help you to build value.
- Access to more than 30 handpicked specialists from a wide range of industry sectors who can help you improve and develop in specific business areas.
Don’t just take our word for it though – have a listen to what our SmartBoard Members say….
Take the first step to SmartBoards®
by trying our SmartChecker and uncovering your Business Smarts!
This simple exercise will give you useful insights into your business and it will enable us to start to understand how we might best be able to help you to create sustainable value growth through SmartBoards®.
You will receive a summary report with an overall assessment of your business based on 8 strategic drivers and option to discuss further.
Meet some of our chairs
The SmartBoard chairs are all experienced business advisors who can provide you with advice, guidance and accountability to help you grow your business. They’ve helped hundreds of business owners put in place the basics that have enabled them to grow their businesses in a sustainable way.
Our chairs are not “consultants”. They all run their own businesses, in a wide range of sectors, and are constantly learning more themselves. They’ll be happy to share their mistakes as well as their triumphs to help you on your path to continued success.
You’ll be allocated the best SmartBoard chair for your business, and your other board members will be handpicked to ensure a wide range of experience and knowledge.
Kevin is an experienced and entrepreneurial business practitioner with…
As a highly experienced commercial banker with a reputation for…
Louise combines significant senior level and trouble shooting experience…
Recognised as an expert in Customer and Patient Experience,…
As a core adviser for Biz Smart I get the…
Melanie's core experience is in procurement and in particular developing…
Caroline is a highly valued member of the BizSmart…
I am a registered and approved Growth Coach for the…